Friday 10 June 2016

Evaluation

FMP Evaluation


Critical analysis:

With my work I submitted, I am defiantly pleased with it but compared to professional artistic work with the music industry I need a lot of work to match up to those standers. I would say my work fit into the musical industry since I tried my best to study and apply features showed by one of my favourite artists J Cole. This is proven by the fact the in my song I dod the same thing J Cole does and added singing and rapping in my song. With my work, I think I struggled with coming up with the lyrics at the start that I had to ask others for help. If there was more time what I would do differently is come up with more lyrics for my song and maybe come up with more song to perform. In the future, I will manage my time so that I can get to do more on my work. 



Research:

My key area of my research was looking at J Cole and how he's chords work well with on another and different way he structures his lyrics (verse, chorus, etc). My method towards researching this case study was analysing his techniques and he was a think when performing by watch and listening to how he perform and sing/rap and understanding why he does what he does. I also looked up on web pages the help me as an individual musician to enhance my skill is chords singing and writing lyrics. In my work, there is some element that I have researched and applied into my work. I feel that I've researched enough to understand and try to apply some of those techniques towards my work effectively. Topics I could of research if I had more time would be mixing and mastering effectively for a gig and maybe how to present myself on stage. In my research, I've learnt that jazz players use cluster chords and much complex chords to give the music a much more rich and in depth sounding in their music which take us to J Cole and how he use that to make his music stay interesting throughout. 





Technical/Practical skills:

My research has informed me giving me a clear understanding on how I should structure my song how I should write it and different chords to make it interesting. A new skill I've gained from my research is the ability to write lyrics for a song and write interesting chords for my song. My skill from the start of the project to the end I think has grown quite a bit in terms of knowledge of different type of technique and then putting into practice that will later on in the future help me.  






Project management/working methods:

A problem from the middle of the course was that I had writers block for my music and how I got passed that was seeking out help from my classmates to help me write or give me some ideas on what to write about. I would say I kinda completed my project goal. I planned on doing two covers and two originals but because of my time management, I could only do one original so I cut it short cause it was too much to balance out with all my other works. In my access time, that was provided to me, I would listen to Charle as he talks to my class about writing up our research posts and giving us different ways of improving our work. If I didn't have him I would spend my time focused on my music writing lyrics and editing it to make sure everywhere fit in perfectly within the music.





Collaboration:

To help me in my work I sought the help from two students from level 3 performance and they helped out a lot. their role was to help me come up with a theme for the song and write lyrics for it. the collaboration between us was very fun and enjoyable I was able to get so much done for my song if wasn't I don't think I would have had a song to perform. The problems however, I faced with them was that they one min they said the wanted to sing it with me next they said they did so in the end i decied to do my song on my own but i still thank them for there help towards the song and maybe in the future I will turn to them again.  





No comments:

Post a Comment