Wednesday 25 January 2017

midi to maxi


The instruments I'm going to are
bass jack
drums josh
piano(maybe) me
guitar Anton

I will book the recording studio next week and Friday and try to get the thing done on that day. once booked ill email the one's I'll need to record my track. I'll also try to record thing next week Monday in lesson as well.


these are the audio track recorded. for the bass, I need to record it again due to the fact that the track when jack was playing over somehow disappeared from the headphone and he had to keep count with his feet to stay in time. The keytar was recorded by Tupac in the production room through a D.I and now I'm trying to mix it.

Due to short time I didn't get finish recording both of my track in time and have to finish it off on Friday.

1 comment:


  1. The write up you have done is very brief. You are supposed to have done a 6 week diary outlining the journey from your MIDI ideas to a finished track.

    The main points that are missing is how you adapted the original MIDI ideas into real instrumentation this involves writing further about:

    An instrument - Why and how: Analog/digital, plucked/bowed, how it fits with the aesthetic of the song.
    Microphone/D.I - Why and how: Suitability, frequency response, configuration, quality.

    You do touch upon these very slightly themes but nowhere near enough detail.

    You have failed to tlk about all of the instruments you have recorded which is vital. Your songs are of a good standard and it would be a shame if your write-up didn't cover the basic elements needed to pass.

    ReplyDelete