Friday 2 June 2017

hip hop research

hip hop drums pattens are really complex and also interested at the same time.

https://www.attackmagazine.com/technique/beat-dissected/chillout-beat-raw-strip-hop/
(Accessed 31 May 2017)
This website is about a track that was created with a hip hop drum patten. the drum track included kick, snare, open Hi-hats and closed Hi-hats. The kick has a lot of delays in the patten same with the snares giving it a feel to the whole drum beat. The Hi-hats helps bring the whole beat together and sound tighter.



[Accessed 26 May 2017]
Heres how drummers would play a hip hop beat groove.

This is useful for me because it show me how hip hop drums are delayed and the feel it give off and how its needed in hip hop tracks. how i plan on using these research into my work is by copying some of the techniques I saw and read.


This is my hip hop track with a hip hop beat. For this track I used a sample i found from youtube and I wanted the drums to work with the sample but also making it still sound like a hip hop drum beat. with the drum I made it into a slow tempo beat and delayed some of the kick drums. The hi-hats I used was to keep the drums together and use triplets making it sound tight with all the drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment