Wednesday 20 January 2016

Decade Evaluation 2

The decade project was a little bit challenging for me in terms of analysing and describing the technique use but artists in the 90s.

Overall 

When I first started the decade project I didn't know a thing about Erykah Badu or the Beatles and the way they present there work. before the decade project I never thought that most of hip hop was inspired by Erykah Badu or that  Stevie wonder's simple chords is used in almost ever song today.
from the decade project I learned different ways of making music and also how big artistes back then made they music. I've also learnt in the project about key signatures, time signatures and how to read music more effectively in my theory classes. In most other my mistakes,mostly in my theory classes, I learn from them by doing the opposite from them and continue from there.In my work I mostly still struggle with learning the theory work. for example, I have trouble knowing about key signature and how they work. I'm happy with a few of my work and the rest I don't. reason for this is cause of time and lack of inspiration from the artistes shown.

Technical Skills

In the decade project I learnt a lot of skills in my both theory and my chosen classes. I've learnt different way of presenting my work and different way to make my music. For example I've learnt how to read music on a score sheet more effectively. My skill I'm more proud of is my logic skill when I was doing my remix and song writing classes. The way my logic skill has develop over the course is by knowing all the techniques and different thing to use to enhance my musics. My composition skills has probably increased the most. My increase of knowledge with all the theory technique and how it all works in music.


Time management/working method 

The problem I had last half term was having left time to finish off my works.This time round what I'm doing different is trying to finish my work in one classes them the next classes I'll work on something else or edit it a bit. I completed all my work on time but some was more finish then others. On the course I usually spend more time on one work then the rest for it to sound close to perfect. I didn't really use access time the much for my work i usual just finish it in class. With most of my work I am happy with but I could of then better with them all.

Research

My research method is still the same as last terms only different is that I in this term I know most of the music and we have the freedom to choose how to research about. In the half term I didn't really listen to the artistes given to which is the reason why I kind of struggled with my work a bit. most of my work was influence by some of the key artistes and some from some of the artistes from today. From them I've learnt that most of today hip hop was inspired by  Erykah Badu and that most of the chords used up today was inspired by Stevie wonders.

Group work 

I think that putting our decade project was successful.Our target of audience was the people who listen to music of Soundcloud for free and downloadable so I strongly think we reached our audience. I the future we could also preform our songs in a gig as well not on online. My perfect idea of a present my songs to my class is straight from logic so u can describe what you did.       

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment