Thursday 2 March 2017

EXP proposal

Introduction:

My proposal for the EXP is to do 4 songs and perform at least two at the gig and/or also upload it on Soundcloud. They will be hip hop and RnB based and ill be using live elements and also midi in my tracks. I will also try to collaborate with different people in my class towards my project and hopefully get a good result out of it which also includes a band to perform with.


context:

The reason for doing this project is because my work I do is mostly influenced by hip-hop and R&B. And also this project will help me in my goal to become a recording artist and also shape my productive and mixing skill I've been tough throughout the years on the course. Also, I would like to focus on this is because I'll like to learn more to do with hip hop, R&B and chords. Also, it gives me an opportunity to research on different ways of recording live elements in a studio. 


area of research:

In my research, I will be looking up different techniques on recording live elements with mics, D.I, etc. I will also be researching thing on songwriting and how to apply them to my work when writing lyrics for my songs. That can also like into chords and Chord progression which could be useful. These research are important because it will help me to gain more skill and experience with live element sounds and help me in my goal. I will also be looking up at how mixing works and how to go about doing it in my work which will help me in my productive when I have to get the right sounds in my track. 

Methodology:

I aim to achieve this goal by putting to practise everything I've learnt while researching and embed them into my work. Each week I well review my successes and failures and post it as a blog saying what I did and how I can improve or change it in some way. I'll also talk about the thing I need to work on and how I will go about doing that, when I plan on working on it and what I expect to gain from working on that particular matter.


Timeline:

At the start of the project, I will research first songwriting techniques to help me make the tracks. That same week I'll review at the end of the week on what I learnt and try put it in my work. After that, I'll have at least 2 track written up while still researching. The next week after I'll start my research on micing and recording in a studio with live sound elements and different ways of recording them. I'll also be on a computer trying to embed what I learnt whether it be mixing or songwriting techniques. (3-5 weeks). After that, I should have 2 more tracks ready and start to write lyric for them. I will also at the time be recording live elements on the track and removing some midi part with accrual live sound and also begin writing up the bibliography (6-7 weeks). On the last week, I'll be ready to perform my songs and upload them to SoundCloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment