Friday 27 May 2016

My successes and failure making my song



This is the song I will be performing at the gig called "you got me".

How I started to make was listening to a song called grass ain't greener by Chris brown and like the chords he used so I learnt the chords and used them and the main part of the song. the chords are

F*
Ab
Bbm
Ab
Db Sus2











I played the chords twice for the sustain which give it a more rhythmical complex sounding to it.

I use a pad to play these chords cause I really liked how it sounded with it but there was a problem when it was playing. It was making popping sounds and I had to get rid of it. How I want about getting rid of it was by using the EQ plug in.


These got rid of all that popping noise which gave it a much smoother sounding for the pads. 

With lyrics I got help with a few of level 3 performance students at the start. Being influence by there lyrics I started writing my own lyrics based on the subject they wrote about which is about love towards a person. I failed on coming up with a significant chorus for the song but a came to an understanding that it really doesn't need it and instead came up with a repetition saying "my feelings" so it give it a sense of resonance. Also, I wanted to copy a technique from one of J Cole's song "Crooked Smile" where at the chorus Its repeated. While recording the lyrics onto logic I used Reverb and Echo on all of the audio tracks.
I use buses to send it straight to the track so the have the some level and some sounding Reverb/Echo. for my vocals (Excluding my rap verse) I used pitch correction cause it sounded good with my voice for the song.

performing my song to Olly he gave feedbacks on my vocals and how I should project them in the song. he said I should "support my top notes more" throughout the I've been coming up with ways to go about that and I've researched on singing techniques. 





These are the song i was going to do but I didn't come around to cause I was to focused on one song so my time management was poor when it came to dividing my time spent on each songs.




No comments:

Post a Comment