Wednesday 16 March 2016

My Proposal

Introduction

What I would like to do for my project is to make a couple songs and perform some of them. I also want to work with other people on my songs and do one cover at least. I would like to use backing tracks as well as a live band to perform my song and cover. I also want to learn and embed different chords in my music so it sounds interesting and complex to those who will be listening to my song

Context

As a composer, my work sounds a lot like game beats. what I would like to make hip-hop beat instead with samples and the type of music that making people remember my lyrics while bumping their hand or making some kind of gesture. For this to happen I need to look up on using plug-ins and how to use the sampler on logic x and also how to make my music loud but at the same time not clipping.

As a songwriter, I find it hard to write verses and come up with chords so I need to work on that. I also find it hard to come up with ideas on what to write about which always gets to me when writing lyrics which I would need some help on that by my classmate or teachers.

Researches 

I would be researching artist that write hip hop songs. this will help come up with idea on both my song writing and composing skills. I'm gonna also research old hip hop artist and how they make the song and come up with ideas from them I can put into my work. artist, I would look up on will be: Nas, J Cole, Kendrick Lamer and other people like them. I also research lyrics and chords hip hop artists use which contains: jazz voicing, cluster chords, etc. How I plan on using these is for the chords of my song that will hold up the whole song. Weekly I'll be sat on a computer learning and practicing these chords until they became second nature to me and hopefully be able to use them in my music. 


\

This video is J Cole preforming crooked smile and this is a way I would like to preform my music with a live band also. I chose this video cause I was heavily inspired on how J Cole performs with his band. This is also my ideal way i would like to try and preform and for that to happen I need to gain much more confidence on stage to include it in my performance.

Timeline.

In 3-5 weeks I will be working on writing the music for my song and editing it. I'll also get a band to preform 2 covers and practice with them. In 6-8 weeks I will finish with my song and be writing lyrics for it and finishing my practicing the covers and both covers and originals to ready to preform.

6 comments:

  1. Some spelling:
    preform
    verse (verses)
    chores
    Researches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be more specific with your research. If you are singing and rapping then research similar artists?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Research other artists with game like beats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Research other artists with game like beats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be more specific with your research. If you are singing and rapping then research similar artists?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some spelling:
    preform
    verse (verses)
    chores
    Researches

    ReplyDelete