Wednesday 23 March 2016

Task A and B context work

Contemporary artists

The two artistes I'm going to compare is J Cole and Skrillex the equipment they use and how they use it in there music. 

J Cole use a lot of sampling in his music but he uses it differently from most artistes. He use it in a way where it easy to come up with ideas for a song. for example most of his sampled drum sample and that give him ideas to come up with new instrumentation for the song. another example would be when he was making power trip he took a flute sample and gain idea from just that loop



J Cole also use logic for sampling and uses a midi controller too. how he dose is by taking a sample off somewhere edit it of you want it to sound put the sample in the EXS24 and you can be able to play your sample from the midi controller.


Skrillex  uses totally different Equipment due to the different type of artistes they are. as a DJ he use turntables and tractor to make and present his music.he also uses a a finger trigger midi controller as well.


With my work I've used logic and a midi controller. I have followed the foot step of j cole and used samples in my music. I also used machine drum pad while making one of my music which was a great experience for me.

For my DJing I'm using tractor to present my music i makle on logic and music from other artistes I'v chosen to present.


References:
http://equipboard.com/pros/skrillex/#studio-equipment   

j cole







No comments:

Post a Comment