Thursday 25 May 2017

Week Reflection

WEEK 1 -

PROPOSAL



WEEK 4 -

Target :- Research on Neo soul chords and try to put it in my work

Summary :- This week I looked up on different Neo soul chords and learnt that most Neo soul chords are mostly in minor 7 chords which gives it that jazzy sounding. I know the chords used now i need to know how its used. I also try to put in my work but it was harder to put it in my work then it is researching it. the problem i was facing was that the chords was really complex and hard to play.
http://www.hearandplay.com/main/neo-soul-chords-minor-chords

Refection :- This week has been successful in terms of research but in terms of adding the chords into my work hasn't been to successful since these are really complicated chords. for next week My plan is to do some more research on Neo soul chords and how they used and try to get a track going with those chords.




WEEK 5 And 6-  half terms

Target ;- more Research

Summary :- These two weeks is half term and most of the time I've just been looking up on artistes in RnB, and Hip Hop. I've also listen to hip hop artist that has used or uses Neo soul chords in there music and understand how its used in there music

Refection :- In these weeks I think I understand how I should use the chords when i'm making my track with the chords. I've also decided what I'm going to do for my RnB track and hopefully it will be successful. week I will be doing my mid point presentation



WEEK 7 -  Mid Point Presentation

Target:-  presentation


Reflection:- The feedback I got from my peers was sensible and totally helpful. one feedback was to combined each track into one track and use the three elements in the three genres I decided to work on. it was a good idea but I felt like that wouldn't be challenging enough for me so I kept it as a backup plan.






WEEK 8 - work on a Neo-soul track

summary- in this week I started on making chords for my Neo-soul track which by the help of Olly, help me understand Neo-soul chords better.

reflection- so far I've got a 4 bar loop of my Neo-soul track beat and I really like how it sounds so I would say its a success for this week. next week I will work on a hip hop beat I am making with the sample I found on youtube.


WEEK 9 - hip hop beat

summary- I have started on my hip hop beat which is based on a sample I found of on youtube and putting in the drums for the track with logics UltraBeat plug in.

reflection- with this beat I found it hard to come up with the melody for this so I need to work on this a bit until I have the perfect melody that fits with the sample.the drum are a bit slow but i think it works well with the sample and the bass. next week I will try to come up a track for RnB.


WEEK 10 - RnB track and research

summary- In this week I have made a slowed tempo beat with chords for the main part of the song and know what I want in my track. I also research on vocals in RnB which help me with coming up with the harmonics for the track.

Reflection- I feel like I could do better with the vocals to make it better sounding so I need to work on that perhaps next week and also record drums for the Neo-soul track.


WEEK 11- Recording and mixing

summary- In this week I recorded drums for my Neo-soul track and also guitar and picked out and edited the ones I wanted in the track. I also finished and started mixing my hip hop track for the final stage of my project in that area.

reflection- the mix for the hip hop track needs a lot of work and need to know how to use compression and overdrive in my mix. as for the Neo-soul track, the guitar gave it its melody and it sound good and is ready for mixing next week ill do lyrics for my hip hop and RnB track.

WEEK 12- recording vocals

summery- This week i records lyric for my RnB track and now is ready to be mixed and put up for the deadline.

refection- for the lyrics if i had a little more time i could perfected them so they sound great which I might not have time for. With the lyrics I wrote about being in loving in someone.next week i will be focusing on my other written side of the of my project that needs my attention.

WEEK 13- write up for my tracks

summary- this week was the deadline for my music and now need to do the right up for what i did for the tracks.

Refection- I feel like I've achieved new skills from these tracks but i feel like i could of done better with the tracks if i had more time.


No comments:

Post a Comment